8.01.2011

What to say…

So I came to the realization that I have not posted much about my family or posted pics well before Christmas. Opps! I have been so caught up with my issues and life that I just haven’t even thought about it. I really should catch up though. This is the only way that I even keep track of our lives since I am not a journal writer. Just seems so private to me. I am not a private person. So soon…I will hopefully get caught up with what has been happening in the past 9 months….geez that’s a long time. I am sure many of you will be bored and just look at the pics but it is all for my enjoyment.

As some of you may have seen….we are taking another wack at potty training. We never really stopped we just got tired of things not progressing so we just stopped pushing it all. We have been potty training for about 8 months and have had little success. While at home and being in his underwear he does great! Then when you put pants on him he goes pee a lot in his pants. To the point that I have to wash all of his shorts in a matter of a couple hours. And he has a lot of shorts. He also rarely poops in the toilet. When he has gone it has been an accident. He has also been wearing pull-ups when ever we go anywhere because like I said put pants on him and he doesn’t go. Well after not being able to put him in preschool since he is not potty trained I decided that potty training needs to happen soon. It will happen this month. I know that he will continue to have occasional accidents but for the most part he just needs to be potty trained. I hope that when the school year comes and we are able to continue where we left off with the speech therapist he will continue to progress in his speech. Because to be honest he has not done well with that since school ended. He just does not like practicing with me. So hopefully with him talking more he will be able to communicate when he needs to go to the bathroom. I can not wait until that happens.

We have made a shrine on the wall, his potty training shrine. If he is potty trained by December he will get to go to Disneyland and meet Mickey Mouse. Who right now is his absolute fave! We were hoping to go on a cruise with my family but with some unexpected things coming up it unforuntely won’t happen. Hopefully it will happen in the near future. So we decided it would be much cheaper and easier to go to Disneyland. We are still trying to figure out when we are going and exactly what we will do but we are planning on going in December. We are hoping to go during Christmas but we will see.

Tegan personality sure has come out resently. He is hilarious! The other morning I lay in bed listening to what he was doing downstairs. As I was going down the stairs Tegan ran over in a very sneaky way said “No, No, No Mommy go upsturs”, “Go take a shower”. Of course when he does that I know that he is doing something that he isn’t supposed to be doing. Well it wasn’t as big as some other things that he has done recently he had just pushed a chair over to the large entertainment center and climbed a few shelves to get his playing cards that I was keeping out of reach so that 6 boxes of cards wouldn’t end up all over the floor. I guess I didn’t have them hiden well enough. Tegan also has some sweet dance moves! We are hoping to be able to put him in some gymnastics and then maybe a hip-hop class this fall so he can not only get some energy out but do what he enjoys with other kids. Tonight as he was naked (we were hoping to convince him to go poop on the potty. didn’t happen.) he stood in front of me with his hands on his hips shaking them like Shakira. Then put his hands in the air and danced like he was from the disco era and was John Travolta. Hilarious! He makes us laugh every day!

 

My brother, Elder Whipple gets home in less than 2 months and we couldn’t be more excited! I am so excited to see him with Tegan. Tegan was only 18 months when he left and was so sad when he did. Tegan is so much like him that it will be a blast to see those 2 together. I am so excited to hear his stories and see how he has grown into a man. I have loved reading his emails every week and seeing how his testimony has grown. I love how he has stuck by my side through my hard times even though he is states away. He always knows exactly what to say. I just love my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...