8.22.2011

Phone Call Scam

***I remember hearing about this scam awhile ago somewhere but can’t remember where…does anyone have an idea***


Well last night I was so tired so I went to bed early. Like 11pm early. I had just gotten to sleep when I heard a my phone ring. At MIDNIGHT (correction: after looking at my phone the phone calls were at 12:40 am). I was so annoyed and saw that it was an ‘UNAVAILABLE’ number. UGH! I got the same call the night before. I didn’t answer. A minute later it started ringing again. I really just wanted to throw my phone out the window at this point. I finally just answered it. It was a recording stating that my Wells Fargo Account had insufficient funds (or something like that I was barely awake). Well…I don’t have an account with Wells Fargo. Another UGH!


I just don’t want people to fall for this scam. I heard somewhere that they will ask for you to enter in some certain information such as your account number and social security number. I guarantee you that if there was a problem with your account that the bank would not be calling you at MIDNIGHT when you are half asleep.


So please don’t fall for the scam and just commence sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I've gotten the same phone call. Only it shows up as a number. I blocked it on verizon- cause you can do that. It would call me at 11:30 pm and it would just piss me off. I don't have a wells fargo account either, but stupid scammers need to stop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...