12.31.2010

Potty Training Day 2

***Sorry might be a little TMI. I have always loved hearing people's stories on how they dealt with potty training and not many people talk about it. So I decided that I would. If you don't want to read about the Potty Training adventure just skip these posts***
Day 2 went surprisingly well. This kid is getting so good at going to the potty. I would remind him every so often that if he needed to use the bathroom to let me know. He would either go by himself or tell me "I gotta go potty!" and then we would rush to the bathroom. This afternoon I could tell that he needed to make a BM but he did not want to go. He would even tell me he had to go but would go to the bathroom and nothing. Well not long afterwards I look over at him and he is just standing in the living room in the middle of the floor just looking down. I asked him if he went poop and he says "I pooped!" Oh dear. I am surprised how calm I was through the whole ordeal. He was pretty grossed out at the mess so I am hoping that he won't do it again.
That is the only one accident that he had today and I am totally ok with it. I am so glad I waited to potty train him. This time around it is going smoothly. I think that if I would have started earlier we would still be having a rough time. I see that in the near future he will be doing great with very few accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...