8.28.2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Don't you hate spending a ton of money on Laundry Detergent? I sure do! Even if I used coupons it still cost a ton. So I was on the hunt to find out how to make my own. And let me tell you it is so easy! I only pay pennies per load...who wouldn't like that? So I will share the recipe and some tips

2 cups Fels Naptha Soap
1 cup Washing Soda
1 cup Borax

Shave the Fels Naptha with a cheese grater. I like to put it in a electric chopper after that and chop it up until it is very fine. It makes it a little easier if you add the Washing Soda and Borax in with it. Then mix everything together. I like to do 2 batches and put it in a pretty jar. Use 1-3 T per load.

That is all there is too it! I love the smell too! But if you do not like it you could also add essential oils to the detergent or just to the load of laundry. It is best to let the detergent sit in the water before you add the clothes so it dissolves a bit. The only place I could find Washing Soda is at Winco but you can find Fels Naptha and Borax at most grocery stores.
***I have found that Zote soap works just as well as Fels Naptha. I have seen it at Smith's and Big Lots. Big Lots is cheaper at about $1 a bar. It is a lot bigger than Fels Naptha and costs a lot less. I saved those 10% off coupons that I got in the mail for Big Lots so I went and bought about 10 bars haha They probably thought I was a little crazy.***

Let me know if you try it or have any questions :)

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...as soon as i run out of cheer im gunna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this by the way. I super appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...