8.26.2010

August-September Curse

I figured I have done a lot of updating about our little family that I decided that I can finally vent a little. This is my blog and I can do whatever I want to on here.

Yes the title of this post is August-September Curse. Every year that we have been married something happens that causes us to be dirt poor and causes me a little stress. I was hoping we were clear of the curse since nothing had happened until the middle of the month.

It all started when David was fixing the tail light on my car (remember the car accident last December? we just now fixed the tail light). All that banging on the car caused the inertia switch to flip. I guess when it goes off so many times that it needs to be replaced. Well we thought it was the fuel pump, something serious so I am glad it wasn't that. We "only" had to pay $65 for the repair, which of course we didn't have.

That same day David realized that he lost his wallet. The only place it could be was Water Gardens theater since that was the last place we were. Monday night he ran over there hoping that they found it...nope. So I called and had a hold put on his card and ordered new ones. And of course 2 days later David went in there again and they found it. At least he didn't have to get a new license.

August is also the month that I have to get my car registered as well as Safety and Emissions. I am so thankful that I got a coupon in the mail to get it done at Low Book Sales for $5...that's right! (If anyone got one that they will not be using I would be more than happy to take it off your hands). Next month David's car will need to be done. I wish we would have planned this better so we don't have to do them right after the other especially David's car cost a lot more than mine does to register it. I really dislike how it needs to be done every year...such a waste of money. I got the safety and emissions done today and after 2 hours of waiting, a trip to Artic Circle and a toddler that was jumping off the walls they told me that it failed. WHAT?! Luckily it is nothing big. Only a brake and a parking light needs to be replaced, but I am wondering if it is bogus cause we have never noticed it. even when David was replacing the tail light. HMMM......So I get to go back when we fix it to sit another 2 hours (I sure do hope not) to get it checked out again. Oh Boy!

ALSO.....David just got the news that they are thinking of switching him back to the schedule that he was on previously. He has been working every other Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 6am-6pm at IM Flash and on Mondays and Tuesdays he works for 8 hrs a day at Big 5. It has been working perfectly for us! We get to see David more often since he doesn't have to work nights. And it will be a lot easier for me to work a graveyard shift job (that is if I can find a job). It is something that we really need right now since finances are scarce. Plus this schedule makes it easier for David to go back to school soon. If he switches back to his previous schedule we will again never get to see him and I will mostly likely not be able to get a job.
We don't understand why they won't just leave him where he is...I have come to the conclusion that they are a bunch of idiots! They haven't given him a raise in about 1 1/2 years yet he is their best employee which is why they keep moving him around like they do. It doesn't make any sense to me. If they do give him a raise the other schedule would be ok but without it would simply not work.

In previous years we have been in car accidents in these months and have had other car problems. We just have terrible luck with cars.

We are hoping and praying that things work out for us soon. These trials and struggles sure are getting hard especially having them happen at about the same time every year. They sure have made us stronger though. I guess I need to look at the positive sides of things.

Please keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. keep on paying your tithing! We are wanting to sell our audi and just be a one car family for a while. it will be rough but we gotta do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has he tried ASKING for a raise... I would just plan for August/September to be tight... since it seems to happen every year =) Also what about Scentsy...seriously...you love the stuff and you could have your kick-off party to buy your kit!

    Karissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...