2.10.2008

Tegan Roy is welcomed to the world!


Well let's just say that it has been a few crazy past days! Thursday I went to the doc at 9 am. I had high blood pressure and the protein in my urine was the highest it has ever been. Sadly I was so excited! My midwive then decided that they would induce me that day! I was so excited! I left the appointment shaking with nervousness. My mom and I went to the hospital at 11 am to get induced. I was so excited when I walked past the triage room into a delivery room! I have been in there too many times. After getting me all hooked up they gave me the pitocin at about noon. Soon thereafter David showed up...finally. They broke my water at 1:30 pm and at about 2pm I got an epidural. Not soon enough! The hospital was packed and I had to wait for the anesthesiologist to give 4 girls an epidural first since they were more dialated than myself. When I went to the hospital I was dialated to 3 cm and 80% effaced. It took me a really long time to progress to 4 cm and they said that if I didn't progress soon that they would have to do a c-section. Two hours later I was 5 cm. At that point I was feeling a lot of pressure and asked to be checked. In 30 minutes I progressed to 6 cm. Well they were getting worried cause Tegan's heartbeat would drop after every contration. They flipped me back and forth on my sides and gave me oxygen. They then prepped me for a c-section just in case he didn't get better and in case they had to do an emergency c-section. Well he then got better. The doc that was looking over my midwive came in to check on me to see how I was progressing. He checked me and I was dialated to 10 cm. Yes it was crazy I went so slow from 3-5 cm, but 5-10cm was crazy fast. So they prepped me to start pushing. At 9 pm I started pushing. At 9:38 Tegan Roy joined the world at 7 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long. It is so nice to finally have him here! He is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. I am loving so much being a mom! Tegan is very strong, loves holding on to things, and loves his sleep like every baby does. He slept through the night last night last night and David and I got much needed sleep. We are loving having him home!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Naomi!!!! I'm glad he's here and that everything went well. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...