5.19.2011

I am not broken.

{my friend told me about this blog. I pretty much copy and pasted it. This is so wonderful I may have leaked a little.}




Dear Naomi,

You are a good mom. You love your children.

Heavenly Father knew that you could handle this trial.
He CHOSE you.

It is hard.
You can do hard things.

Sometimes when you feel your blood boil, and you want to scream at the top of your lungs,
"IT'S NOT FAIR"
It's ok.
Because it's not fair.
Life is not fair.

And that is what makes it all so beautiful!

You are right, it would be far easier to have a body that works.
But yours does not.
And even though you are learning and growing so much because of it,
sometimes the pain feels like it might suffocate you.

But your infertility is not about you.
It is not an attack of your character.
It is not a punishment for something you have done.
It is not because you are incapable of being a great mother to many.

You are not broken on accident.
Heavenly Father did not skip over you because you were undeserving.
You were not forgotten.

Instead, He hand chose you out of the crowd, and precisely changed you to be the person you are. I believe he took you aside, put his arm around you, and with tears streaming down his very own face, knowing it will break your heart, asked if you if could carry this burden.
He promised you would never be alone. And he would bless you!
But, he would need to make you differently.
Not to break you.
But to create miracles for your eyes to see.
Every day.

You were not stripped of the most sacred act of multiplying and replenishing to your hearts content, because you were not worth it to be made whole.

You may feel broken, and forgotten, in your divine right of motherhood.
But you were made from scratch!
Everything you have been given, has been given by God.
"The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."



Cry until your soul hurts. Because it is hard.
But don't ever feel broken.

.

According to Wikipedia:
Infertility primarily refers to the biological inability of a person to contribute to conception.Infertility may also refer to the state of a woman who is unable to carry a pregnancy to full term

MYTH: Only families without children, suffer from infertility.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad that you stopped by. It's always so wonderful to know that some random thoughts I have thrown out there, other people were able to connect to... makes me feel a little less crazy :) HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K that made me cry!!!! YOu are amazing naomi... You have helped me out so much, it seems like whatever you write I need to hear, i obviously am not going through the same trials as you but I can relate to what you say and want to thank you for your blog, it makes my day EVERY TIME I read it!!! I love you!!! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... what a great post! That totally brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's amazing!! Made my eyes tear up, that's for sure. That is just beautiful and so personalized just for you! I agree with every bit of it, you are an incredible person who deserves so much but have been given certain trials to help you grow in a different way. We both know we have our own discerning trials!! ;) You really are an inspiration of strength and love, I love that about you!! Love you girl, hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...