3.03.2010

Black Friday

Black Friday has always been a fun tradition. We have gotten some killer deals over the years. This year we headed to Toy R Us...which opened at 3am (if I remember right) we got there at 2 am. Wow! The line was ridiculously long! I have never seen a line this long. If you are familiar with the Toy R Us in Orem the line went down all the way to Joann's and swerved back up to the front of the store.We were in front of where Best Buy (is that what was there?) used to be. Of course those who were at the end of the line started to cut in line so we were getting no where. So shortly before it opened we decided to head home and buy what we wanted on their website. We got almost everything we wanted.
My cousin Ruth and I headed to Kohl's, they opened at 5 am we got there at 4 am. I was really close to the front of the line. I get in and they had none of the Tonka trucks that I was hoping to get Tegan. They didn't even get them in....I wasn't happy! My mom and Kylie were at Target getting the few things that they wanted and we headed to Walmart. I got everything my mom wanted but I only got a few movies that I wanted.
Afterwards we headed to Ihop for breakfast...and I was home at 7:30 am. David was able to take off the day so he could take care of Tegan so I could get some much needed sleep.
It wasn't much of a successful trip this year...due to the fact that everything that we wanted was still to expensive. Maybe this year will be better!

Me, Kylie, Ruth and Mom




This gives you an idea of what part of the line looked like. This isn't even half of it. And you can see that there is baby carrier right at the bottom of the pic. It still shocks me after all these years how many people take their children and babies to Black Friday. It actually angers me. It is way too cold for them to be out...and they should be sleeping. This women's excuse was that she was breastfeeding. I am sorry if I happen to have a newborn during Black Friday I will simply not be going. Geez! Off my soapbox now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...