1.30.2010

Potty Training: The Beginning

I was going to title this post "Day 1" but I didn't do a whole lot of training today so I can't really call it that. I plan on giving Tegan my whole attention on Monday and the rest of this week to potty train him.
Yesterday Tegan became acquainted with Potty Scotty and came to really like him. He loves giving him drinks and taking him to the potty. When Scotty goes potty in the toilet we say "YAY YAY YAY!" as well as to Tegan. Whenever he sees Scotty he wants to give him a drink but there is a problem...both bottles that we have to give him a drink have cracks in them and we can't give him a drink with out getting water everywhere. I am hoping to fix them so he can have a drink...he is probably really thirsty. I did buy the doll used on ebay but I don't think they came cracked since they worked fine for a few times. I don't want to pay $5 to get just one bottle so it must be fixable!
Today I did my friends hair (which took forever! Sorry B.). Tegan came in and said "Stinky". Well I couldn't tell if he was actually saying he was poopy or not since he says it all the time. I don't think he has figured out that the word is to be used to explain a stinky smell. Hopefully he will get the hang of it soon. Well I went back to what as I was doing and happened to look down and Tegan had taken off his diaper but didn't see anything but a wet diaper. I had him go sit on the toilet (no success there). Once he got off the potty I noticed that his bum was messy but not sure how that happened since he didn't go poop. I cleaned him up and got him dressed. I went into the kitchen to start working on my friends hair and noticed a pile of poop on the floor. I do believe while he took off his diaper the poop fell out. I had Tegan come help me clean up the mess. He loved cleaning it up and wanted to clean the whole house with all the Clorox wipes...I love what a big helper he is becoming.
Shortly after that I put Tegan down for a nap and put his diaper on backwards. It worked yesterday so I had no doubt in my mind that it wouldn't work again. Well time came around that David had to wake him so we could take him to my parents so they could watch him so David and I could go see Avatar (loved it!). Of course he took off his diaper before he fell asleep, just slipped that thing right off. Luckily he didn't pee everywhere. David rushed him to the bathroom hoping he would go in the potty. He left the room for a short few seconds when we hear "YAY YAY YAY!" Tegan was so proud of himself for going potty! I was so proud as well as David! He did get a candy for going potty and we continued the praise. But of course he wanted more candy and threw a fit. Hopefully he understands that it is just a reward.
Yesterday we got Tegan big boy underwear, Elmo and Mickey Mouse ones. He slept with them last night. He loves them and hopefully he still loves them on Monday, The Big Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...