11.16.2011

Women

Lately I have been so shocked as to what women pin on Pinterest. Don’t get my wrong I love the site. But it has showed me how unhappy women are. They are always trying to change themselves. They are never happy about their current state.

Take this for example:

thisorthat

The title of this picture was “This or That?”

Is there something wrong with one or the other?

Honestly!

I find something very wrong with this.

Who is to say what is beautiful?

The media?

How about our Heavenly Father who created our bodies.

I totally believe that everyone should be healthy but in no way is this:

tooskinny

Healthy.

I am proud to say that I am a “Plus Size” girl.

I am proud of that fact.

I was born with the genes that will not allow me to look like this:

ntmotivation

And never would I want to.

I am grateful for my body.

This body of mine allowed me to birth a child. Now that is a super power.

Yes at times it lets me down but that is a fact of life. In no way is skinny going to make you “feel better”. Nothing can make you feel better but yourself. Nothing!

When you find that you love yourself. Everything about yourself you will find that you don’t care if you are size 1 or a size 18.

I am a size 18 and I am proud to say…

I am proud of ME!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I like to try to be healthy and work out if my day allows, but I can tell when some of my friends have gotten obsessed and I log on and every single pin is some fit chick as a self motivator by the same girl. I kind of want to be like "maybe you should get off of pinterest and go DO some of this stuff instead of just pinning a billion of these if you care that much?!" That last picture you posted, I repinned that with the caption "She and I are TWINS!.." hahahaha. Ya. Freakin'. Right. Not gonna happen. Rant over!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...