2.24.2010

Poop (ha ha)

We took a break from potty training a few weeks ago due to the fact that Tegan would not sit on the potty. Every time he would sit down he would say "Ouch!" not sure why but he would then get up.
Yesterday David took the day off (we are all sick, I have bronchitis and a sinus infection and David has a cold) he went in to get Tegan after his nap and he had taken off his diaper and peed everywhere. He then went and sat on his potty and actually went. YAY! He got a starburst and went on his way. Later that night when David was at work Tegan came up to me saying "Poop...Poop" And was tugging at his diaper. I took a look and there was no poop. I told him this and he pulled me over to the bathroom and he was trying to open the door. I then took off his diaper and he walked right over to his potty....and went! Oh JOY! He helped me poor it in the big potty while saying "Bye....Bye" and flushed the toilet. I couldn't be any happier. I gave him his starburst and did our little potty dance and he went on his way.
After changing his diaper this morning and I had him sit on the potty, not expecting anything to come of it. He then actually went...."YAY" we both said! He helped my dump it in the toilet while saying "Bye" of course. Seconds later he peed on the floor....sat on the potty again and then finished. Not too happy about him peeing on the floor but at least it was on the bathroom rug which can easily be cleaned.
So we need to work on him finishing while on the toilet and getting him to say PEE instead of POOP. haha
On another great note....David got super discounted discount tickets to Disney on Ice for March 10th. We are so excited to take Tegan.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it.... I'm NOT looking forward to potty training! awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your posts on potty training are making me so excited to train rian ;) i've decided i'm not up for the task.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...