2.04.2009

Just My Luck!

Well we have had a few crazy weeks! I feel like I am from the movie Just My Luck. If you have not seen it, it is about bad luck. And that is what I have had lately. We moved into our apartment smoothly and are doing very well in that aspect but before that happened.....I was in a car accident. Nothing too serious....I was driving my works van (I deliver flowers for a flower shop 2 days a week) up in Sandy and a lady decided she would run a red light and t-boned me. The van that I was in was a total loss and luckily I wasn't. I am suffering from some pretty bad whiplash (I have to go to the chiropractor about 3 times a week) and I banged up my knee a bit. But I am doing pretty good! It did make moving much harder! A week after we moved in I went to Vegas for a Lia Sophia conference with a couple friends. I had a great time! It was just what I needed! After gettting back our car broke down. And I mean broke down! It needed a new engine, starter, and clutch. And how much did it cost you ask, over $2600....we about died! Luckily we are getting our tax return, hopefully soon! We were hoping to pay off some bills with it but we really need a car since we only have one. We had to rent a car for about 5 days and some friends let us borrow their 2nd car. Thank you so much guys!! We are hoping to buy a little junker car here soon so that we don't have to suffer with one car anymore.
On a happier note....My dear baby boy, Tegan, is turning One Years Old on Saturday! I can't believe it! The day I left for Vegas he started walking (yes I had a hard time leaving him with daddy). He is now walking all over the place! He is so funny and has the cutest personality. I laugh at him\with him all day long!
The things that we are grateful now after going through so much lately are: We are grateful that we have jobs, we are alive, we are (for the most part) healthy, we have health insurance, that we have awesome friends, and we have the Church.
Thanks everyone for you many prayers and help in our crazy time of need!
Pics are coming as soon as I have time and can find the cable to the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I'm glad you are ok!! So you got in a car accident and your car broke down... maybe you guys should just consider walking everywhere... Let us know when you are good and settled and we can hang out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...